Data Conversion Laboratory (DCL) provides data and content transformation services and solutions. Using the latest innovations in artificial intelligence, including machine learning and natural language processing, DCL helps businesses structure data and content for modern technologies and platforms. With expertise across many industries, DCL uses advanced technology and US-based project management teams to solve complex conversion challenges and is a recognized leader in XML, DITA, and S1000D conversions.
DCL’s Harmonizer software identifies reusable and duplicate content across large data collections. Once identified, DCL uses sophisticated automated technology to transform content sets to DITA or any structured markup an organization requires.
Established in 1981, DCL distinguishes itself by continually leading the charge in conversion and extraction technology, creating the advanced techniques that improve accuracy while reducing costs. Members of the DCL team have extensive experience in all facets of software development, image processing, quality control management, and process management.
DCL Services and Solutions:
- Harmonizer – Harmonizer is DCL’s software application that analyzes document collections using natural language processing (NLP) to identify redundant content in the collection. Harmonizer helps organizations move to a topic-based authoring workflow, implement DITA, and manage content reuse across large document collections.
- QA Validation – DCL provides independent review of previously converted content. The DCL QA Platform runs content against both Harmonizer and then a customized and configured quality check process. These automated checks ensure conversion quality and verify that specs and best practices have been followed.
- Complex Content Conversion – DCL specializes in large conversion and digitization projects with complex content structure requirements.
- DCLData Harvester – A service that provides automated website scraping configured to your business needs with customized XML feeds back to your organization.
- Outstanding Customer Service– DCL is best known for its excellent customer service and deep knowledge of content structures, technology, and project management. With a 4.7 out of 5 rating from Trustpilot, DCL delivers outstanding data and content transformation services.
A sampling of Companies Customers
- Texas Instruments
- Johnson Controls
- GE Healthcare
Representatives attending ConVEx
Questions Attendees Should Ask us when Visiting our Booth or Slack Channel
- What can Harmonizer do for my company?
- What benefits can I expect from converting content to DITA?
- How can I justify DITA conversion costs to my boss?
Promos & Raffles
- Raffle: video-camera drone
- Giveaways: screen-cleaning cloths
- Online social session: cookery!
- In tribute to the fact that Data Conversion Laboratory was established in the early 1980s, its office’s restroom key tags are laminated 51⁄4” floppy disks.
- Data Conversion Laboratory created the world’s first (and only?!) SGML cartoon back in 1996!
- Harmonizer’s product manager Christopher Hill wrote a computer game for the VIC-20 and sold it to COMPUTE! Publications, who published its programming code in an anthology book. What Chris didn’t tell them at the time: he was only in 8th grade!
- Filmed in Casper, Wyoming, Starship Troopers is now considered a cult classic and features Christopher Hill as one of the mobile infantry recruits.
- Marianne Calilhanna, DCL’s VP of Marketing, once listened to Stg. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, her favorite album, 31 days in a row to see if she would get sick of it. (Spoiler alert: no sickness. In fact, she kept a journal about why she still loved it.)
Note, the content list on this page was provided by the company being profile and does not reflect CIDM’s opinion in any way.