For over 35 years, Comtech Services has helped our clients design, create, and publish information products that meet the needs of their users. We offer a combination of training and consulting services to help you define and implement the infrastructure needed to meet the expectations of both your leadership and your users. At every point in the information development life cycle, we offer expert advice and guidance to help you improve your processes, get to know your audience, fine-tune your content, and use the latest standards and technologies. From process maturity assessments to information models to stylesheets, you’ll find the support and training you need from our knowledgeable consulting team.
Comtech also manages the Center for Information-Development Management (CIDM), a member organization that facilitates the sharing of information about current trends, best practices, and development within the industry. We provide networking opportunities, host conferences and events (like ConVEx), lead roundtable discussions, and publish newsletters.
Needs Met, Strengths, or Differentiators
- We work with hundreds of organizations from a variety of industries and authoring environments, whether it’s DITA or not, we help our clients improve their content, taxonomy, and processes.
- Our consultants conduct regular public and custom in-house workshops that expose them to a wide variety of companies each having unique environments, challenges, and content strategies.
- As premier providers on minimalism and DITA training, we share our knowledge with hundreds of people a year – educating ~5000 in our 35-year history
- Through CIDM, we gain unique insights into industry trends by running events and conferences, conducting annual surveys, and hosting monthly roundtable discussions.
- Being vendor agnostic, we provide non-bias support to our clients who are looking to adopt new tools or change platforms.
A sampling of Companies Customers
Representatives attending ConVEx
Questions Attendees Should Ask us when Visiting our Booth or Slack Channel
- What advice can you provide on how to create content my customers really want?
- How do I know if my information-development practices are on par with other organizations?
- Why DITA?
- What’s your most popular online training class and how do I know which of your 12+ workshops is best for me?
- If I only have funding to attend one of CIDM’s events in 2021, which event would be most beneficial to me based on my role at my company?
- What’s the difference between CIDM and Comtech Services?
Promos & Raffles
- If you visit every exhibitor’s virtual booth and drop your virtual business card in the fishbowl, you are entered into a raffle to win a free registration to any CIDM or Comtech event in 2021
- If you have a meaningful slack discussion with all the exhibitors, you are entered into a raffle to win a free registration to any CIDM or Comtech event in 2021
- Brianna Stevens earned a Master’s Degree in Interior Architecture & Product Design without getting an undergraduate degree.
- Dawn Stevens has a collection of over 3000 Christmas ornaments and has visited every Disney park in the world.
- Lisa Lambert is a woodworker (creating small furniture and home décor items) and a licensed manicurist.
- Lovonya Thomas majored in economics in college and loves cosplay; her favorite is to play female villain Batman characters.
- Kathy Madison worked as a sailing instructor during her college summer breaks – she’s taught kids how to sail everything from a windsurfer to a square-rigger (though she never liked climbing the yardarms). She’s also avid fabric artists, aka quilter.
- Kristi Bullard has a twin brother.
- Sabine Ocker is a photo historian and collector of 19th and early 20th-century snapshot albums, especially those made by women. She has over 600 amateur albums in her collection, but her absolute favorites are those made by students attending the “Seven Sisters” colleges in the 1890s.
Note, the content list on this page was provided by the company being profile and does not reflect CIDM’s opinion in any way.